PARIS (AP) — The palace of Monaco says its ruler, Prince Albert II, has examined constructive for the brand new coronavirus however his well being shouldn’t be worrying.
Albert, 62, gave the impression to be the primary head of state who has publicly mentioned he contracted the virus.
In a press release Thursday, the palace mentioned he’s being handled by docs from the Princess Grace Hospital, named after his U.S. actress mom. It says Albert is continuous to work from his house workplace within the palace and is in fixed contact with members of his authorities.
Within the assertion, Albert urged residents of his tiny Mediterranean principality to respect confinement measures.
Albert is the second baby of Princess Grace — previously Grace Kelly — and Prince Rainier of Monaco. Albert turned a five-time Olympic bobsledder and in recent times has been a world environmental campaigner.
Fluent in English and French, Albert graduated from Amherst School in Massachusetts with a level in political science in 1981, and is a member of the Worldwide Olympic Committee.
He and his spouse, the previous Charlene Wittstock, have twin kids.
Calling all HuffPost superfans!
Join membership to turn out to be a founding member and assist form HuffPost’s subsequent chapter